We have "this" hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. -- Hebrews 6:19a
Our soul craves love, hope and purpose. We need to know we are secure, strong and significant.
The deepest longings in our being cry out for:
|You don't have a soul; you are a soul. |
You have a body. -- C.S. Lewis
- to be regularly affirmed
- to receive daily attention
- to be gracefully admonished
- we have God given abilities
- we live a life of adventure
- we achieve positive accomplishments
From the time we are little, our hope is placed in tangible things that satisfy the cravings of the soul. They are often reasonable things such as good health, a loving relationship, a best friend, financial security, a safe home, even a successful career.
The modern day understanding of hope is a wishy, washy maybe or a kind of unsure optimism. We wish for and expect but without certainty of the fulfillment. We desire much, but with no real assurance of getting what we desire.
In this world, there is no certain promise of good health, a loving spouse, a safe home or financial security.
What is certain hope?
What truly satisfies the cravings of our soul?
We RELY on our eternal DESTINY.
· Eternity with God begins the moment you believe in Jesus – John 5:24, Ephesians 3:12.
· You will be perfected when you see Jesus face to face – 1 John 3:2.
· Rejoice, your name is written in heaven – Luke 10:20.
· One day there will be no more crying, death, mourning or pain - Rev. 21:4.
We REST in our Kingdom IDENTITY.
· You are known by God – Psalm 139:1-3.
· You are precious – Isaiah 43:1b & 4a.
· God delights in you – Zephaniah 3:17.
· You are redeemed – Ephesians 1:7.
· You are called child of God – 1 John 3:1-3.
· You are co-heirs with Christ – Romans 8:17.
· Your life is hidden in Christ – Colossians 3:3.
We REMAIN in UNITY with God the Father, through Jesus inspired by the Spirit.
· Because of Jesus you can approach God with freedom and confidence. – Ephesians 3:12.
· You have fellowship with the Spirit of God dwelling in you – 1 Corinthians 3:19.
· God reveals His plan to you to bring unity with heaven and earth – Ephesians 1:8-10.
· God will never leave you or forsake you – Hebrews 13:5.
· God strengthens those who are fully committed to Him. – 2 Chronicles 16:9a.
We REJOICE with TENACITY in our strong, confident hope.
· Nothing can separate you from the love of Christ – Romans 8:35-39.
· The worst parts of your life can be turned in to good – Romans 8:28.
· God has a plan to prosper you -- Jeremiah 29:11-13.
· Jesus came to give you an abundant life -- John 10:10.
· You are inspired with a purpose to carry out God’s work – Matthew 28:19-20.
· God gives strength to the weary and power to the weak – Isaiah 40:29-31.
· Your faith is being perfected – Hebrews 12:1-2.